D E F I B R I L L A T O R
performance art gallery
DEFIBRILLATOR (a.k.a dfbrL8r or dfb) is a non-profit 501c3 arts organization that contextualizes performance within the visual art realm. dfb provides a gathering place to conceive, present and promote performance art and other ephemeral forms of expression.
DEFIBRILLATOR aims to:
- provide opportunities for emerging and established CHICAGO artists to conceive and present performance art
- present international/out-of-town artists to represent a vast range of styles and forms
- build discourse and criticism surrounding performance art
- raise appreciation for performance art among the general public
- cultivate a resourceful and supportive transdisciplinary artistic community
for more information, please contact:
- JOSEPH, artistic and executive director, for performance information
- DANA, for nonprofit administration and website information, digitaldana.com
- APPLICATION for performances, rehearsals, rentals or events
dfb thanks support from:
- GAYLORD and DOROTHY DONNELLEY FOUNDATION 2013 artistic vitality
dfb board of directors:
dfb president & executive director RAVENS is a graduate of THE SCHOOL OF THE ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO with an MFA in performance. he completed his undergraduate degree in theater at the UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN at WHITEWATER. He is a recipient of several grants from the ILLINOIS ART COUNCIL including a FELLOWSHIP FOR INTERDISCIPLINARY PERFORMANCE ART for NEW PERFORMANCE FORMS. he has received numerous travel and exchange awards that have enabled him to build a global reputation and present his work abroad. RAVENS frequently presents workshops around the world that demonstrate his unique approach to creating time based art.
dfb vice president SCHMIDT is a graduate of UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN at MADISON and specializes in real estate. he is currently president and CEO, of TESKORE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS and DEVELOPMENTS. previously he worked as NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER and INSTRUCTOR at NEW HOIRIZONS COMPUTER LEARNING CENTER from 1997 to 2002.
dfb founding board: