DEFIBRILLATOR accepts proposals on an ongoing basis.
we accept applications for the following:
DFB PRODUCED PERFORMANCE ART OR CURATION PROJECTS
guest artists receive the following benefits:
- portion of the door donations
- staffed door person and staffed hospitality/refreshment table
- install/tech assistance (ONLY if arranged/requested in advance and based on availability of interns and volunteers, otherwise artists are responsible for their own tech/ install)
- video documentation of performance – to be housed in the dfb archive, artists have full unlimited access. WHEN POSSIBLE there will be a photographer and/or second videographer.
- free rehearsal/install/tech time the week leading up to the event with full access to space, equipment, and technology.
- full publicity of your event: please note we use primarily social media. we rarely print anything and we only send out official press releases on occasion or by request. please note that the ELECTRODES (front windows) are not automatically available to you – you must request them IN ADVANCE. a dfb produced event must be selected and approved by JOSEPH RAVENS.
- our standard rehearsal rate is $20 per hour
- IF BUYING 10 HOURS IN ADVANCE, the rate decreases to $15 per hour
RENTALS FOR PERFORMANCES OR EVENTS
- FIVE hours included in rental
- collectives, groups, or organizations pay $500 with extra time billed at $20 per hour
- Independent artists pay $400 with extra time billed at $15 per hour
- WE DO NOT promote or publicize rentals
- ALL RENTERS ARE CONSIDERED GROUPS/organizations unless determined independent by dfb.
- FIVE hours included in rental with extra time billed at $20 per hour
- small scale (table top, objects, test shots, etc) $600
- large scale (sets, models, clients etc.) $800
the electrodes are the storefront windows – massive display cases that flank the entrance to the space. the electrodes are best used in conjunction with an event in the main space. we also prefer for the twin spaces to be used as ONE installation or the work of ONE artist. preference is given to installations that relate to performance or are performative – relics of an event, re-interpretations, etc. please note that access to the electrodes is NOT AUTOMATIC when occupying the main space. electrodes are curated separately, however, it is preferred that the window installation relates to an event in the main space. at this time we cannot guarantee production assistance, publicity, or documentation of work in the electrodes. there is a dedicated website.